The Feel Amazing Chatswood Massage Information Page
Feel Amazing Wellness Centre is Chatswood’s longest standing wellness centre as we have built on our reputation to provide multi award-winning Chatswood massage services. See our Google reviews and FaceBook reviews
Located in the heart of Chatswood, yet in a small plaza, so away from the busy shopping centre, we specialise in remedial, relaxation, deep tissue, sports and pregnancy massage.
Our team of Chatswood massage therapists are qualified, experienced and registered with health funds to provide a high standard and effective therapeutic massage. We utilise a range of remedial massage techniques to meet your presenting needs.
Massage is a treatment that focuses on various parts of the body to loosen and manipulate soft tissue to improve health and wellbeing. The benefits of massage in Chatswood with us include reduced muscle tension, improved movement and recovery from injury, enhanced relaxation and stress relief, contributing to a better night’s sleep and is amazing for both mind and body. (Read more below)
Appointments are available 7 days per week with 30, 45, 60 or 90 minute bookings that can be made online.
What is massage?
Massage is one of the oldest treatments known to humankind and encompasses many variations. In its most simple form, massage is touch therapy (remedial massage is different to energy focused touch therapy). During a remedial massage the therapist touches the patient in a therapeutic manner that helps alleviate pain, tension and discomfort. The treatment is focused on various parts of the body to loosen and manipulate soft tissue to improve health and wellbeing.
Massage oil is often used on the skin to help the therapist’s hands glide along the skin reducing surface tension. They use their hands to find any problem areas and using a variety of techniques release tightness. It is a form of manual therapy that includes holding, moving and applying pressure to muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia.
Massage is a well recognised and accepted form of health treatment. Massage really is good for you and your health. Just as importantly, massage helps people to feel better. Our Chatswood Massage therapists want to work with you to help you to feel amazing, so it’s our speciality.
Between busy lives and stressful demands, health challenges, physical activities and sports, our bodies can be impacted. Having a massage is a way of doing something to help heal, recover and take care of ourselves. It releases tension held in our bodies, providing a positive effect on the nervous system, circulation and blood flow.
Benefits of massage include:
- A reduction in muscles stiffness
- Relief of muscle spasms
- Greater range of movement
- Relief of stress and tension
- Aiding faster healing of an injury
- Reducing pain and inflammation
- Improving posture
- Improving immunity
- Enhancing the body and mind connection.
You can see why it’s become so popular and often considered an essential way of managing our health and wellbeing. The immediate effect is often felt in the ability to physically move more freely and a lightness felt in the body. It’s also quite relaxing and we love hearing how our clients feel amazing as they surface from their massage room, usually feeling like they are floating their way out the door. (Or wanting another room to take a nap in afterwards!)
Massage is not only about feel amazing afterwards
Research shows that there are benefits for a variety of medical conditions, as well as for children to older adults. We treat people who have short term injury, to others with more complex or chronic conditions. There are physical and emotional benefits to massage that are enhanced through regular treatments. Many of our clients find this then helps them to better manage not only their health and sense of wellbeing, but cope with their day to day activities, work demands, stress, illness, and family life. Getting a massage in Chatswood with our team can be relaxing and a great way to take some time out for yourself. The positives of having a massage are just amazing!
Some of the most common ways massage can help include:
- Relieving pain
- Reducing stress
- Getting rid of headache
- Treating issues such as plantar fasciitis, sciatica and lower back pain
How massage works on a physical and emotional level:
- By releasing muscle tension and improving joint mobility addresses postural or injury issues in the body, bringing with it a sense of general wellbeing. There is a change in hormones that calm and relax the mind and body, through the release of the feel-good hormones (such as endorphins and enkephalins), while reducing the stress-inducing ones (such as norepinephrine, epinephrine and cortisol)
- Both physical and emotional stress is reduced through focused relaxation and changes in heart rate, breathing and muscle tension (the reduction of headaches is another common outcome)
- Circulation is improved and inflammation reduced (which is important in managing chronic conditions and healing injury)
- A reduction in pain is possible from the activation of pain receptors in the spinal cord and muscles
- The mechanism of massage helps the body to boost immunity, improve lymphatic drainage and eliminate toxins from the body while oxygenating cells
- It is a treatment that contributes to the management of many health issues including anxiety, digestive disorders, insomnia, headache, TMJ and musculoskeletal disorders.
Our Chatswood Massage specialists have experience working with people who have a variety of health concerns and find that massage helps with reducing many symptoms, providing time out for self-care and often brings about changes both physically and mentally. There are various studies on the emotional benefits of massage and our staff are sensitive to providing a professional space to relax and rebalance your sense of wellbeing.
Do you relate to any of these:
- Working on a computer or sitting down for long periods
- Recovering from injury
- Looking down using your mobile phone
- Carrying something heavy
- Having woken up with a stiff neck or it’s hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in
- Experiencing trouble sleeping or interrupted sleep
- Preparing for a sporting event, having cramping after training, or aiming to improve your PB
- Feeling stressed, have muscle tension
- Or have a condition that leads to aches and pains…
So a massage in Chatswood at Feel Amazing can help you and your body to feel better!
We also offer complementary treatments such as:
As we work as a team our Chatswood Massage therapists can suggest combining treatments such as having a massage after seeing our chiropractor, or acupuncture followed by a massage.
When focusing on your health as a whole, these practices treat not only the symptoms that impact day to day life, but address how your body is functioning. While feeling better is great, we also want to support you on the path back to improved health and wellness so you can be feeling amazing more of the time. So our practitioners who specialise in these areas can offer shared care within our multidisciplinary team.
What can massage treat?
With so many benefits to Chatswood massage, it’s not surprising that it helps with quite a few health conditions. The following is a list of some of what we see almost daily here in Chatswood for massage:
- Pain – including muscle tension, back, shoulder and neck pain. This is probably what massage therapists treat the most, whether it’s postural pain from using a computer all day for work or study, or from activities like carrying the kids, or weekend sport. Sciatica is something we often treat – muscle tension can put pressure on the sciatic nerve
- Sports injuries – from pulled hamstrings to shoulder injuries and twisted ankles. We also work in conjunction with physiotherapists and sports doctors so that our treatments are synergistic to any other treatment you may be receiving
- Headaches and migraines – there have been many studies to show that massage can be an effective adjunct to other treatments for migraine or as a standalone treatment in other cases. Mild to severe headaches also respond very well to treatment
- Repetitive stress injuries – such as shoulder, neck, forearm, and lower back problems
- Plantar fasciitis – another commonly seen issue that massage can help. It is fortunate that we receive referrals from local podiatrists so that we can help treat this often-debilitating condition
- Anxiety and depression – one research study that stands out over the last few years shows that massage helps with a type of anxiety called generalized anxiety disorder or GAD. This study looked at the actual benefits of different massage techniques, making it more relevant to our profession. Where other studies have shown that massage helps anxiety and depression, this study compared remedial massage to light touch. The outcome of the study reported remedial massage provided far greater benefit. (NB – In the study the term Swedish massage was used, however in Australia, this type of massage is known as remedial massage and Swedish massage is a different technique. The remedial massage usually has far more benefit.)
- Fatigue – even though massage can result in feeling relaxed, it can help with fatigue conditions. While research is limited for why this happens; the consensus is that due to massage’s proven effect on the hormones that improve mood and sleep, we then get better sleep and therefore, better rest
- Insomnia related to stress – due to massage increasing our sleep hormone output (melatonin) as well as serotonin, you get a better night sleep and studies have shown it helps with stress-related insomnia.
Why have a massage in Chatswood at Feel Amazing Wellness Centre?
Feel Amazing is who we are and what we do. At our centre, you’ll find a realistic approach to wellness. Our Chatswood massage therapists value the connections we create with our clients and hope to offer you a warm approach to wellness. We have strived to separate ourselves from the fake wellness industry that creates pressure through unrealistic lifestyle pursuits and image-conscious expectations. Rather we encourage you to feel comfortable and relaxed about seeking helpful information and effective treatment. You can even listen to the music you enjoy while having a massage. As we are all human, often trying to do our best and are here to enjoy this life, we fully support healthy living but base our practices on what we know works and what simple actions can make a big difference. If we can help you feel better, then that matters to us.
A lot of people hear about us through word of mouth, from someone who has been to us before. We have clients who over the years tell us that they may have tried elsewhere, due to moving jobs or addresses, but come back again to see us! We also see the family and children of people we treated when the business first opened. At Feel Amazing, we value the people we have contact with, maintaining these relationships and continuing to provide a high standard of treatment and care.
We are committed to holistic care, so often work with other health professionals to provide more thorough and focused care. That includes within our own multidisciplinary team of trained professionals and we receive referrals from podiatrists, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, midwives and doctors seeking complementary treatment for their clients and patients. We also have contact with Facebook groups, local businesses and have trusted suppliers of practitioner approved and tested herbal supplements and health-related products.
We are also award-winning! While our Chatswood Massage team values the work we do, your reviews (Google, Facebook) and the many awards we’ve won (e.g. WOMO 5-star rating 2018) also speak towards our commitment to continue to be the best Chatswood massage businesses on the Lower North Shore. Being in Chatswood for over 16 years and having connections with local families, schools and other businesses, our reputation is something we also value.
Feel Amazing Wellness Centre is also one of the most well-known providers of pregnancy massage. There are very few centres who offer what we do. Our experienced massage therapists specialise in this type of massage and we have the most amazing pregnancy cushions which allow you to lie comfortably supported while face down. It makes a pregnancy massage not only relaxing, but we treat many common aches and pains that a woman can experience throughout her pregnancy. To see more about Chatswood pregnancy massage on our dedicated page.
What qualifications do our Chatswood massage therapists have?
Our Chatswood massage therapists are fully qualified, registered with health funds (HICAPS is available for on the spot claiming) and their professional associations.
The team are all experienced in their professions and all can provide a range of techniques. You can get to know each of us by reading the introduction to our team members. We like to think we are professional yet friendly, experienced yet open to learning and committed to finding the best treatment approach for your individual situation. We keep up to date with research and will look for answers when needed.
When working with our Chatswood massage therapists, each staff member is reminded that their focus is on the person they are treating. One of our philosophies is that we have two ears to listen and one mouth to speak, so listening is more important than talking about ourselves. We don’t mind a chat during a massage but will follow your lead as the time is to be focused on you. As we are open 7 days a week, we have bookings available for when you can take the time to see us. We aim for and are committed to working with you to help you to improve your health and wellbeing.
What types of massage do we offer?
While our massage bookings are called remedial massage, there are a variety of techniques and types of massage available. Unless booking a pregnancy massage, you don’t necessarily need to pick one type of our Chatswood massages, as we use the most appropriate techniques to address your specific needs on the day.
What are the different types of massage?
- Remedial massage – is the most common, where techniques are used that are appropriate for your presenting needs and symptoms. The aim is to restore health and function. This is achieved through the systematic assessment and treatment of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues of the body to assist in rehabilitation, pain and injury management.
If you are claiming a private health fund rebate, then remedial massage is the registered type of treatment. We have HICAPS available so you can bring your health fund card and pay the gap for any type of massage you have on the day.
- Sports massage – is a form of massage involving the manipulation of soft tissue to benefit a person engaged in regular physical activity. It is focused predominantly on treating sports injuries or getting the body ready for a sporting event and then helping its recovery after. We treat many junior and senior athletes in a variety of sporting disciplines including track and field, distance running, football, fencing, rugby, league, rowing, swimming, tennis and basketball; just to name a few!
- Relaxation massage – often referred to as Swedish massage in Australia, is a lighter treatment aimed purely at relaxing the body. Although recent research has shown that even a mildly deeper touch can have greater benefits in the long run.
- Deep tissue massage – is a massage technique that’s mainly used to treat musculoskeletal issues, such as strains and sports injuries. It involves applying sustained pressure using slow, deep strokes to target the inner layers of your muscles and connective tissues.
- Pregnancy massage – is a specialty of Feel Amazing Wellness Centre. We are the only clinic offering this in Chatswood from conception to childbirth. Our highly trained Chatswood massage therapists specialise in this area and take pride in our ability to help alleviate your aches and pains as you go through your pregnancy, with us supporting you along the way. We have invested in speciality equipment that ensures 95% of our pregnant clients can lie face down until their due date.
How we can work with you
Our Chatswood massage therapists can offer you an individualised treatment using both our skills and your preferred techniques based on your symptoms and current health concerns. They may incorporate deep tissue, acupressure, lymphatic drainage, swiss or sports massage techniques. As mentioned, you don’t have to choose a type of massage but can let us know your preference (including if you like a firm massage, are seeking relaxation, or have specific requirements) when making a booking. Then talk to your therapist when they introduce themselves and ask you what you would like from the booking that day. We will work with you to address what your body needs and encourage you to give us feedback during or after the treatment as needed.
Are there risks of massage and contraindications?
Most people can benefit from Chatswood massage. However, there are some contraindications as follows:
- Bleeding disorders
- Burns or healing wounds that are in the target area
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Fractures that are in the target area
- Severe osteoporosis
- Severe thrombocytopenia
If this is the case for you, then it is always advisable to discuss having a massage with your doctor before making a booking, or if you have other serious health conditions. This is also recommended if you have cancer.
Can massage cause soreness afterwards?
People often seek massage in Chatswood to feel a state of relaxation, the release of tight muscles, or to help with injury or pain. If during your massage you experience pain, then let your therapist know. This may come from too much pressure, or you may be sensitive to that area being massaged, so this can be adjusted to your level of comfort and how your body responds to the treatment.
Your massage may target areas of your body or muscles that you haven’t been using recently, or that are tight. You may experience inflammation and soreness in areas that need healing. So as part of the healing process some degree of pain or discomfort can sometimes be felt. Sometimes it takes a couple of sessions to get on top of more chronic symptoms. The more you have regular treatment the better your body adapts to this healing process.
What helps to maintain the benefits after a massage (how should I feel?)
The following suggestions will help you get the most from your Chatswood massage:
1. Drink extra water – during massage circulation is improved, this helps flush waste products from stressed muscles and other tissues. Drinking water aids circulation and kidney function, which are both involved with relieving the body of waste products. Drinking extra water can also assist in the reduction of soreness and fatigue after treatment. Drinking water can also help if you are feeling a little ‘spacey’ after the massage has ended. This is common. It can come from a drop in your blood pressure after lying down, as blood flow is improved. Give yourself time to come back and face the world outside again.
2. Schedule time to take it easy after your treatment – receiving a massage may facilitate relaxation. Rest if you feel fatigued and listen to your body. Fighting tiredness will only prolong it and make you feel worse when it finally catches up with you. If possible, take some time to power nap or plan to go to bed early.
3. If the focus of your massage is around an injury or specific body part, remember to stretch, ice or apply heat to that area with the advice of your therapist. Gentle movement, such as walking, can encourage your muscles to work in a balanced and efficient way. Stretching can also increase the benefits of massage and support your recovery. Ask your therapist for some stretches that will assist you specifically.
4. People sometimes experience some soreness for 24 hours or so after a remedial massage. If you feel sore or anticipate soreness, you may find stretching gently in a hot shower or taking a warm bath with Epsom salts can help. Remember to tell your Chatswood massage therapist about your experience so it can be taken into consideration in your next session.
Other ways to make the most out of seeing Feeling Amazing Chatswood for massage
Chatswood Massage can be had as a stand-alone treatment or in conjunction with techniques such as the use of cupping to enhance blood flow and muscle release, while recommending stretches or exercises may also be appropriate. We also offer acupuncture or dry needling. Many of our clients combine acupuncture/needling treatment with massage to get the most out of their sessions. Another option is using massage to support your chiropractic care. A relaxed and functioning body responds better, aiding the body’s ability to rebalance, heal and recover.
Just as it is recommended to do regular exercise, a regular schedule of maintenance massage treatments can help relieve symptoms and improve long term outcomes. To help make this easier, we offer a massage pre-pay deal, which offers generous savings that can be also used by your family members and friends.
On the Feel Amazing Wellness Centre website feelamazing.com.au you can find information on each team member’s professional background; we have 7 staff available for massage bookings, which can conveniently be made directly through our website at any time of day. While they can provide different types of massage, you may like to book with the team member whose skills and background match the type of treatment you are seeking. If you are unsure, just get in touch with us and we can help you with your booking options.
Where are we located?
Feel Amazing Wellness Centre is located at Shop 10, 3-9 Spring Street, Chatswood (Westfield carpark available nearby)
More about the other services we offer:
Advice is available from our Chatswood Naturopath at Feel Amazing about what lifestyle changes and nutritional supplements may be of benefit for you while addressing your individual health and wellbeing needs.
One common symptom people ask about is muscle cramps and what type of magnesium can help. We always have a product available in reception that relieves muscle cramps, reduces headaches, improves sleep quality and supports a healthy stress response in the body. The supplements we sell are practitioner grade quality products and we do recommend booking a naturopathic consultation if you have further questions.
When you make a naturopathic booking with Anthony the option is available for online Skype consultations and ordering products that may be prescribed is now even easier with an online system (deliveries arrive by post to you usually the next business day).
At Feel Amazing Wellness Centre in Chatswood, we have a Chatswood Acupuncturist who specialises in Traditional Chinese Medicine. We also have a Chatswood Chiropractor on the team and because we want you to get the most out of your chiropractic session, your appointment duration will allow the time needed to provide a thorough and individualised approach to treatment and care.
Massage equipment available to buy
Feel Amazing Wellness Centre is also a listed supplier of Dr Graeme Professional Strength General Purpose Massagers – a custom built massage tool commonly used for trigger point release by many professionals, including chiropractors. They are available to purchase at Feel Amazing Wellness Centre located at Shop 10, 3-9 Spring Street, Chatswood 2067. Talk to your Chatswood massage therapist or Chiropractor about its benefits and uses.
Where to from here?
With massage being so popular we recommend booking ahead, so with our online booking system you can make your appointment any time. Otherwise, feel free to phone us on (02) 9412 1177 or 0434 941 177.
We have massage bookings available 7 days per week.
Looking for a gift?
If you would like to share the gift of feeling amazing, our popular gift vouchers can be purchased online through our website. They are available for all 30, 45, 60, and 90 minute massages, or for a value you choose.